Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Young Mothers

Pregnant! Pregnant! Pregnant!
This just can't be,
How could this happen to me?
My parents fight back tears.
I see in their eyes what
Their lips cannot say,
"Our baby, our baby,
She's too young.
Her life is over.
Why our family?"
My best friends now think
Less of me, and start to
Make excuses about why
They can't "hang" with me.
"I'm sorry. We're just
Too busy."
As the days and months go
By, the school halls become
A spectator gallery. Ex-friends
And strangers point as if I
Cannot see.
My once straight shoulders
Now slump, my once
Upheld head now bows.
I feel myself slowly disappear.
At night I feel the small
Movement of punches and kicks.
I close my tear filled eyes
And see a smiling face and
Outstretched arms reaching
For me. My heart skips a
Beat because I know this
New life is my precious
Responsibility.
I tell myself God makes
No mistakes. I will stand
Tall and face this difficult
Road. God will not make me
Take this journey alone, he
Will walk along side me.
I hold my tummy and
Speak softly "I will hold
You, cry for you, laugh
With you, share
Memories with you,
And always love you
Endlessly. I know
My life is not over, in
Fact, it has just begun
And the best years are
Still to be.

No comments: